Fares & Passes
- Full fare trips are $1 per one way trip.
- Half fares are available for:
- Seniors 60 years or older (must present a valid ID card upon boarding)
- Medicare cardholders
- Persons who receive supplemental Security Income (SSI), based on disability, or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, as long as they continue to receive these benefits.
- Veterans with valid DD214 card.
- Disabled (buses are equipped with lifts)
- Students with valid school ID or proof of enrollment ride free.
- Children under 5 years of age that are accompanied by a fare-paying chaperone, are free.
Exact fare is required for all trips. Drivers cannot make change.
LakeXpress offers a variety of bus passes that provide significant
savings to repeat riders. (All passes are half priced for qualifying individuals.)
- Daily Pass - $3 (unlimited rides)
- 30-Day Pass - $30 (unlimited rides)
- 10-Ride Pass - $8
- Transfer Pass - Free (Transfers good to complete a one way trip only. One free per trip.)
To purchase a bus pass, call 352-326-8637 or visit one of the designated locations:
- Fruitland Park Public Library
- Lady Lake Public Library
- Leesburg Public Library
- Cooper Memorial LIbrary (Clermont)
- Tavares City Hall
- Mascotte City Hall
- Groveland City Hall
- Marion Baysinger Memorial Library (Groveland)
All LakeXpress bus pass purchases are final and non-refundable. The passes cannot be transferred. Copying or other reproduction of LakeXpress passes is prohibited. A valid identification is required for all discount fares. Driver will punch the pass at the time of first use. Date punched reflects expiration date.
Where to Buy a Bus Pass